Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Reasons Why We LOVE Sports: Day Three

#8) The Uniforms – Who doesn’t love it when they get that jersey they’ve been wanting for Christmas or the helmet that’s used as a chip and dip bowl for their birthday.  How about when it was jersey day at school?  Let me tell you, those were my favorite days.  Whenever I got the chance to rock my Emmitt Smith or Chris Spielman jersey, I was ecstatic. 
My first jersey I received though, was a Francesco Totti, club Roma jersey.  That’s right, my first jersey was of an Italian Futboler who I had never heard of.  The story is that my Grandfather went to Italy and decided to get me something.  A Totti jersey seemed to fit the bill.  I don’t remember how old I was when I got, five maybe, but I still have the jersey.  I love that thing.  I’ve never seen Totti play and I don’t know of his stats, but that jersey is special to me.  The first one always is.



Now time to talk about the jersey changes.  It happens all too often, sometimes good, sometimes turrible.  For example, Oregon Football.  I don’t get it.  Something like hundreds or thousands of different combinations.  That’s just ridiculous.  I like it when a team stays old school.  Teams that haven’t changed their uniforms in decades, sometimes centuries.  Uniforms that stand the test of time.  Those uniforms are the best.  Most teams out there don’t have that though, so they decide to suit up in some throwbacks.  Often times, the throwbacks are a combination of brown and yellow, blue and puke orange, or even Creamsicle.  Sometimes though, those throwbacks are just what your team needed and just what you wanted to see.


Whatever type of jersey you like though, I think we can all agree there is a certain love for the uniforms. 


Check in tomorrow for #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment